Niacinamide + Vitamin C: Besties or Enemies?
This has been a big debate in the skincare community. On one end, a group of skincare enthusiast has argued that studies show a negative effect of using the 2 winning ingredients together. On the other end, a group of enthusiast has also brought to light recent studies that shows using the 2 ingredients together could actually make your skin better! I contacted our lab chemist and this is what she has to say!
"Niacinamide + Vitamin C when combined will form a substance called Niacin. This can be very irritating to the skin. However, this only happens under a very VERY hot temperature. So hot in fact that it's actually not applicable at all to skincares in general!"
Benefits of Niacinamide (such as our Argania X Bella Park Well Aging Moisturizer!)
- Strengthening skin barrier : Stronger skin barrier means or skin is less likely to react negatively to environmental stressors such as dirt, pollutions and even hot weather!
- Helps with premature aging: niacinamide contains supplies anti-oxidants to our skin thus makes it work wonders in reducing the appearance of wrinkles and fine lines
- Brightening Dark Spots: it is a gentle chemical exfoliant that can reduce the appearance of dark spots and even out our skin tone!
Benefits of Vitamin C (such as our Diamond Glitz Brightening Serum!)
- Brightening Complexion: as you probably already know, Vitamin C is the STAR ingredient to help address dull looking skin and revitalising our skin.
- Glow from within: Vitamic C also contain anti-oxidant to revive our skin and keeps it looking fresh, young and glowy!
- Great anti-aging properties: because Vitamin C can improve the elasticity of our skin, it is a amazing product to slow down the skin from developing signs of aging!
So don't worry folks! I checked with our chemist, and she gave us the green light on using Niacinamide and Vitamin C together. However, if you have sensitive skin, make sure to do a patch test first and see how your skin reacts to both products layered together!