Hot Weather Tips : Lip Care Edition
Oh god hasn’t the weather been so hot lately? And you know what that means, cracked lips! Here are 5 things you can do to take care of your lips!
1. Exfoliate. Get rid of those dead skin cells. It will help stimulate new cell regeneration. Bonus points, it would also help treat hyperpigmentation on the lips!
2. Moisturise. Use emollients like lip oils or lip balms to protect your lips from cracking and drying out. I personally prefer using lip oils because it's more nourishing and has a better moisturising power.
3. Drink More Water. Best way to hydrate is to hydrate from within. So, make sure you drink plenty of water. At least 2 litres a day!
4. Stop licking you lips! I know it feels like you're hydrating them. But you're actually drying them out even more!
5. Protect your lips with SPF! You can opt for a lip balm with SPF. Or, if your lips don't tolerate heavy emollients like lip balms, just be sure to lather your sunscreen over your lips when you're applying them. This is to prevent further discoloration of the lips and protect it from sun damage.
Stop using ultra drying lipsticks, lip mattes and lip glosses! Look into products that are infused with natural oils that will keep your lips hydrated throughout the day! If you haven't already, try out our Argania X Bae Lipmattes.